Monday, September 26, 2011

Boat ride

We took Cace out for his first boat ride last Thursday evening.  We rode up the river to the first sand bar and got him out and got his feet wet a little bit.  We've been wanting to do this for a while, but were waiting until we were sure he could handle it... but we didn't want to wait too long because the weather is going to be cool before we know it.

He usually takes a little nap around the time we went out.  So, considering that he was a little sleepy, he did great!!

It was fun to watch him take in the new experience and be surprised by the wind hitting his face.

Michael started to put him on his back to float around in the water, but he didn't like that much at all.

I love his concerned look in the picture on the right!!


Lessons Learned for the week....
- Use your vacation time to make your life easier!! I've been trying to find a time to go get my haircut, but she keeps being booked on Saturdays, so I took Friday afternoon off to get it done while Cace was still at the babysitters.
- Follow instructions!!  I attempted at making a skirt this weekend.  I thought I would make it a little fuller than the instructions said, but then I had too much fabric when I was trying to sew the elastic on, which made it a little difficult.  I also didn't pay enough attention to the instructions on how to sew on the elastic because I had my own idea in my head of how it should work.  But, of course, I was wrong.  So, this skirt will be great as something I can wear around the house for work and stuff, but definitely not in public.  I'll have to try again.
-With the 2 year anniversary of Brianna's death yesterday and of Cody's this weekend, the ultimate life lesson is treasuring every moment that you are given and how precious our lives here on earth are.  With Cace here this year, it is hard to think about him not knowing these two wonderful people who would have been his Aunt Bri and Uncle Cody.

No comments:

Post a Comment