Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Busy, Busy...

We had a busy week!!  My parents were down for the week and weekend starting last Tuesday.  We went over to their house on Tuesday and Sunday night, my grandparents house on Friday night and he stayed all day with my parents on Thursday and then we went out to eat.  We also went to Victoria on Saturday with Becky and went to Hobby Lobby and Olive Garden and went to a wedding shower on Sunday afternoon, including helping to decorate!  Needless to say, he and I both have been exhausted.  On the plus side though, he went to bed a lot earlier than normal the last few days, so hopefully we can keep that trend going.

Where he's at right now...
- He's starting grabbing for things this week.  If you put something in front of him, he'll grab hold of it (and try to put it in his mouth)!!
- If I hold him in a sitting position, I can let go for a couple of seconds before he starts falling over.

I've also given up on thinking that he looks anything like me after I found a picture of Michael where they look almost exactly alike.


Lessons learned for the week...
- My husband is secretly a bear (or possibly, Batman, but in a town where there is no crime, so he gets to live a normal life).... I came home the other day when he was working nights and he had covered the window with foil and shut the bedroom door to make himself a little cave to sleep in.
- I need to do an inspection before my Mom leaves with Cace to see what she is taking with her so that he doesn't end up with more pictures in the UT onesie his Uncle Tony gave him!!
-My reprieve from people asking "When are you going to have a baby?" is officially over.  I thought having one would have at least bought us a little more time before people would start asking when we are going to have another. 
- A new quote I found... "Anyone can make the simple complicated.  Creativity is making the complicated simple."  It always amazes me how awestruck people get when things are homemade.  All it takes is the right material and supplies and anything is possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment